Friday, May 10, 2013
Mothers
Pregnant moms go through a lot to get our little ones here. I'm a complainer, maybe not to everyone, but I definitely complained a lot to my husband. I remember specifically telling him that I hoped that he had to carry the babies when we made it to the next life. I whined about back aches, dizzy spells, and feeling unattractive. I was so ready to be done being pregnant, to have my body back to myself and back to normal.
Now I wish I could take back every word. I miss my big belly. I miss feeling her hiccups. I miss sitting with the girls and watching their eyes light up every time they felt her kick. I realize what a privilege it is to carry these spirits with us wherever we go. Keeping them safe until their little bodies have grown enough to survive on their own. I'm so grateful for the 34 weeks and 4 days that I carried Gwen.
There was an article going around a few weeks ago that every woman should read called The Importance of Birth. It really confirms what an important, divine calling it is to be a mother and to bring children "through the veil of birth" as she calls it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment