Sunday, February 8, 2009

Carly


We woke up bright and early on Wednesday and headed over to the hospital. They had been calling me to come in since 4:45 but I didn't have my phone in the bedroom and didn't hear it til my alarm went off at 5:30. We had to get to the hospital by 6:15 or I would lose my spot. I've probably never gotten ready so fast! On the way over I was freaking out of course...it's so much different when you're not already IN labor and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Plus this time I knew what was coming. So we get to the hospital just in time and they check me in. The nurse gets me started on the Pit and the medication for Strep B at about 7. At about 7:30 Dr Nance comes in to break my water. A good 15 minutes later (not really but pretty soon!) I'm begging for the epidural. When the anesthesiologist came in with polka dotted suspenders on, I started to worry a bit. Once that was over with the rest was a cake walk. The nurse checked to see how much I had progressed. I was at a 5, and since I was now on the epidural she turned up the pit. By 9:30 I was completely dilated. We were stunned!! Dr. Nance came in just a little bit after that and after 5 pushes she was out!

She was 7 lbs 3 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. She has a decent amount of dark hair and looks a lot like Adrian. She's so mellow, and hardly ever cries. Adrian is so cute with her. She's already very protective, she cried every time the nurses had to take Carly away. She hasn't really seemed jealous or anything yet, but I did get yelled at when I tried to wrap Carly up in her blanket this morning.

6 comments:

Todd and Haylee said...

She is so beautiful! I can't wait to see her again. I am glad that she has been easy from the start! Let me know if you guys need anything.

Richard and Carlie said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! And I must say, I do love her name!!

Chantelle said...

What a beautiful baby! She is darling. Im sure Adrian will be a big little helper!

AndiLove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

Congratulations! Thats so exciting.

Nikki and Matt said...

So cute!! :)