Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jocelyn

Jocelyn is here! She was born at 10:22 AM on 12/15/10 weighing in at an even 7 pounds and 19 1/2 inches long, she is just perfect! She is super quiet, even right after being born she hardly made a peep, even though she was breathing just fine. We're struggling with the sleeping, but we're only a week in so hopefully that gets better once she gets the day/night thing figured out. As of right now, her life consists of eating, sleeping, and pooping. You forget just how much of those three things they do. When she was very first born I thought she looked like Adrian, but after they brought her back to us all cleaned up and the swelling had gone down a little bit, she looks a lot like Carly.


The girls love her to pieces. Carly will actually hold still long enough to sit and hold her. She's so cute, she just stares at her and points out her tiny eyes, nose, hands, etc. The first night we had Jocelyn home, we had just put them to bed and the baby started crying. Carly heard her and was so worried she was bawling in their bedroom. When Shawn went to check on her she was crying "baby sister crying" (pronounced more like baby sisser cwyin). Adrian was hesitant to hold her at the hospital, but now she is always begging me to let her hold her baby sister.





I'm starting to think that being induced is the way to go. Even though I was a little bummed that I didn't go into labor earlier (those last 4 weeks are killers). The hospital called us at 4:30 AM to let us know that we needed to be at the hospital at 6:00. We got all ready to leave in plenty of time and opened the garage to find about 6 inches of snow. Since it was so early, the city plows hadn't been out yet so the roads were a mess. We actually spun out at one of the stop lights. Luckily we weren't too late and they didn't send us back home. After getting all the paperwork done and finally getting my IV to go, they started me on pitocin and broke my water at about 7:00. This time I was a little bit worried because the nurse had asked how dilated and effaced I was at my last appointment and when I told her I was only a one she was surprised that Dr. Nance even decided to induce me. I guess usually they require you to be at least a 2. Plus it didn't really help my case when I told her I hadn't been having any labor pains. So I was pretty much gearing up for an all day event. Lucky for me she was wrong and 3 hours later I was ready to push. If you can call it pushing...it was seriously one tiny half-asked push and she was out!

2 comments:

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

Congratulations!!! So I have to tell you that was the name we had picked out if we ever have another girl. Just in case now you know. lol It wasn't definite, but that was the plan for a few years now. I can't believe how fast your family has grown. All three of your girls are adorable! Hope you guys are doing well. Merry Christmas!

Amy said...

Congrats on your cute new little one!! She's definitely a keeper, glad you are all doing well and I hope the sleeping schedule gets better :).