Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ear Piercings and Other Happenings





We were at the mall a couple of weekends ago and decided to get the girls' ears pierced. I didn't want them to be mad later, so I was trying to tell them exactly what it would be like. I told them that it was like getting a shot at the Doctor's office, that it would hurt for a little bit, but it would feel better after that. Now every time Carly tells someone about her new piercings, she tells them that the Doctor poked her ears. They both cried a little bit, but did much better than I was expecting, especially Adrian. They both sat on my lap, so I couldn't see their reactions, but Shawn said that Adrian's face looked like a cartoon character's because her face turned bright red. They both love them, except when we have to turn them at night, but even that is getting easier as they get used to it every day.




Jocelyn has outgrown most of the shirts in her closet right now, and I just haven't taken the time to switch them out (it happens way to often!). The other day I was desperate because the few shirts that do fit her were in the laundry so I noticed one of Carly's shirts that looked like it might fit. I figured I could just make it work for one day, but it fit her perfectly. I'm not sure how it happened but she totally skipped the 18 month size and can wear a 2T. (By the way, they are little on Carly, but not that little!) Those two will probably be able to share clothes pretty soon. That thought gives me bad images of these 3 in their teenage years, they are all so close in age I'm sure they'll be fighting over everything!

2 comments:

Kimber said...

They are way to cute, for their own good!

Anonymous said...

Love the pierced ears. I have gone back and forth with piercing Londys ears but now I think shes to big to and I should probably wait until she's older because I'm sure she would pull at them. Your girls are so beautiful and they're Halloween costumes were so creative! I was planning on being creative...but it didn't happen.
I do make London's headbands. I have a bit of an obsession with her wearing headbands...