Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Potty Training Stinks...Literally.

We started potty training Adrian about 2 weeks ago, cold turkey. We just let her go completely naked and stuck her on the toilet when she needed to go. She has done really well, except when she has an accident, it's almost always #2. On Friday, Shawn went to let her out of her bedroom after her nap and noticed she was acting really defensive like she had done something she knew was bad. The heater vent was off and she's been known to put toys down it before so Shawn told her to put it back on. Then he noticed that it wasn't toys she was stashing, it was her poop.

Sunday we decided to let her go without a pull up since she had done so well on the day before, we didn't want to reverse all that progress. About 20 minutes into Sacrament meeting she said that she needed to go pee, so I took her, she went, and we sat back down. Probably no more than 5 minutes after that, I notice she's pulling a face...and then I got a whiff. I picked her up and ran to the bathroom, but it was too late.

We might just have a kindergartner in diapers.

4 comments:

Todd and Haylee said...

Potty training is the worst! Stick with it, she will figure it out sooner than you think. Good Luck! :) I don't think she is going to live down the poop down the heating vent though....lol It will be her own punishment in a few years!

Ry and Heather said...

I haven't even started potty training Aiden so maybe the 2 of them can hang out in diapers together in kidergarten!! :)

The Hugel's said...

How old is she? Seriously after a few trys with Libby and a few little tricks she got it down pretty quick. I went and bought a bunch of little cheaper toys like littlest pet shops and a few books and cheap barbies and I put them in a bag and everytime she would go potty she got to pick a toy out it helped so much.

Amy said...

Oh no! That's a really funny story though! Hopefully she catches on quick!!