Friday, February 5, 2010

It's Fun to Be 1!

I cannot believe little baby Carly is already one! The time has flown by. She's still really easy going, and has the sweetest little personality. She absolutely loves hot dogs, in fact besides mom and dad, hot dog was her first word. Just recently we've noticed that she misses Adrian when she's not around. Sometimes (more like most of the time), Adrian wants to stay at my mom's and keep playing instead of going home with Shawn and Carly. When we get home Carly squeals for Adrian's attention. She still only has the two bottom teeth, but I'm sure the others aren't far behind since she's constantly drooling and always has a runny nose. She stopped nursing a week ago and is doing really good with the sippy cups that Adrian uses.


We had a houseful over for cake and ice-cream. For some odd reason I attempted baking a cake the night before and it didn't exactly work out, so we settled for cheesecake instead. Carly had her own cake all to herself, and I was sure she would dive right in and gulp it down, but she just played in it and licked the frosting a little bit.

I had told Adrian she could help Carly open her presents. Adrian opened the first one and said "Oh cute! My new clothes!" Oops. She got spoiled with tons of cute little outfits to wear this spring.

2 comments:

The Scott and Camille Neilson Family said...

Cute pics! I had to steal them since I left my camera home that night! :)

Aaron and Julie said...

molly didn't get her first teeth until she was 13 months and it was her top two. It has taken her forever to get her teeth. She has almost all her top teeth but still only the two bottom. Teeth are no fun. I can't believe she is already a year. It went by fast!!