Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jibber Jabber

Adrian is starting to say real words pretty clearly lately. She's recently discovered the "k" sound so she loves saying "duck" and "quack" with all the emphasis on the k. She's getting a little bit better at telling us what she wants instead of just grunting, that is if she doesn't get too frustrated first, then she just throws a tantrum.

Every Sunday we try to get her to go to Nursery to play with the other kids. She doesn't let us leave her there alone, however. Shawn and I usually just take turns staying with her, hopefully she'll get used to it eventually. We have tried leaving her crying before, but she ends up traumatized and won't let go of us for the rest of the day. Last Sunday was Shawn's turn to stay with her. When we got home I was asking her about it and she immediately screamed BUBBLES! I asked her if she played with the toys and she nodded and said toys. Then I asked her if she played with the other kids and she said "no way!" I was laughing so hard. It looks like she's just as social as Shawn and I :)

1 comment:

Todd and Haylee said...

It is so fun when they start talking. You never know what is going to come out of their mouth.