Monday, December 22, 2008

Vegas

We went to Vegas this weekend with the Clayson Clan for the BYU game. Well, they went for the game, I went for the Vegas trip. Luckily we missed the storm, so the drive down wasn't bad at all. We gambled a little and didn't win, but didn't really lose much either. On Friday night we had a little scare. When I was pregnant with Adrian, we went to Park City with the credit union and I went into labor there at 3 in the morning. We kind of joked around that it might happen that way again this time in Vegas. We got back to our room at about 10 and I started having contractions. I didn't really think anything of it at first because they didn't really hurt much and I wasn't even sure if that's really what they were. By 1 in the morning I really started to worry. They weren't stopping and they were every few minutes but not getting any more painful. Since I'm only 32 weeks along, I called Utah Valley and talked to a nurse who told me that if I had 6-10 within an hour that I should be checked to see if I had dilated at all. I knew I had more than 10 that hour so I started to get ready to leave. The entire time I was up and moving around I didn't have a single contraction so I finally decided it wasn't the real thing. I told Shawn we are never going on vacation while I'm pregnant again! Oh and I will not complain anymore about being pregnant. After that scare I realized I am definitely not ready yet!!

2 comments:

Todd and Haylee said...

I am glad that they stopped, that is scary! Even after three kids the labor part still scares me. You just never know what to expect, it is different every time. Sounds like fun to get away for a break though. Did you get to go shopping?!

Jenkins Family said...

I am glad that they stopped for you. That would be really scary!!